Job Title: Main Street Manager
Status: Full Time Position
Salary: $35,000 – $50,000/year DOQ
Open Date: November 2019
Close Date: Open until filled
Description: The Hamilton Economic Development Corporation is seeking an energetic and highly motivated candidate to join our team as Main Street Manager.
The Main Street Manager is responsible for:
- Coordinating activity of Main Street Program committees
- Managing administrative aspects of the program
- Developing appropriate downtown revitalization strategies
- Developing and conducting ongoing public awareness and education programs
- Assisting business and property owners with business and property improvement projects
- Encouraging a cooperative climate with other community organizations
- Helping to build productive relationships with appropriate public entities
- Developing and maintaining a data system to track the progress of the local program
- Serving as an advocate for downtown issues at local and state/city levels
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University or four-year college in public administration, architecture, planning, economic development, marketing, journalism, or related field. Must understand the concepts and issues involved with community revitalization and historic preservation from the various points of view such as merchants, public agencies, property owners and community organizations. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for project presentations and public speaking. Must be energetic, imaginative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment. Must have a minimum of five years’ experience working closely with volunteers, volunteer organizations, social service agencies, and local service clubs, in a Main Street program, as an economic development professional, or in the marketing/promotions/communications profession. Grant writing skills preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. State of Texas Class “C” Driver’s license required.
Employee Benefits Include: Health and Term-life Insurance; retirement with Texas Municipal Retirement System; Paid holidays, vacation and paid sick days.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and letter of interest to: Hamilton Economic Development Corporation, P.O. Box 224, Hamilton, TX 76531, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Hamilton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.