The Hamilton County Historical Museum is housed in the former Hamilton County Jail. The two story structure was constructed in 1938 and served as the counties correctional facility until 1996. It now serves as home to the Museum’s main collection.
The adjacent fire station houses one of two fire trucks from the past. Currently the museum is working to renovate the old candle factory next door to their main collection and developing the Museum Annex. A collection that was formerly housed at the County Courthouse is now found at the Annex.