The Hamilton Animal Control division is under the direction of the Hamilton Police Department. We strive to assist the participating entities in enforcing the state law and local ordinances, and to otherwise serve our citizens.
What the Department Provides to the City
The shelter provides services such as:
- Education to the public regarding animal health and the benefits of spay/neuter
- Lost pet reclaims
- Pet adoption
- Stray admission
All animal control calls and complaints must be dispatched from the Hamilton Police Department. Employees at the shelter are licensed Animal Control Officers that can answer basic law and ordinance questions regarding animal control issues, but we do not respond to animal control calls or complaints.
Our Commitment to the Community
Our mission is to provide a safe and healthy environment for stray animals awaiting return to their homes, and to offer adoptable animals an opportunity for placement into permanent, responsible, and safe homes where they are valued.
- How do I reclaim my animal from the shelter?
- How do I adopt an animal from your shelter?
- How do you determine if an animal is adoptable or if it will be euthanized?
- What are your fees?
- What medical care does this facility provide to its animals prior to adoption?
- What is your hold time on animals before they are euthanized?
- Do I have to spay/neuter the animal I adopt from this shelter?
- Do you accept donations?